Sunday, April 26, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
i, on the other hand, was so distracted thinking about seeing my boyfriend in a week, the dress i will wear (found at an antique market this weekend) and trying to solve the dilemma of not having weather appropriate shoes that will match. then, i couldn't stop thinking of the little mountains of bothersome homework that need to be done in order to spend the maximum amount of time with him. the opera was quaint, good, it was two hours that felt entirely like home, for better and worse.
now, time to edit photos for final project time and fill out about 50 more pages of a journal that i should have been filling out for the past 3 months.
*scary doll: found in the antique market which is pictured above.
Friday, April 17, 2009
tea. if you ever make it london you have to go to afternoon tea at Fortnum and Masons.
SO FANTASTIC. i felt a bit like a colorado girl in a fancy place but right at home with scones and tea. Darjeeling Broken Orange Pekoe, scones, clotted cream, and the fruitiest of fresh jams.
from here, i went to see billy elliot. holy cow, i have never seen a better dancer ever. at the ripe age of 13, tom holland ROCKED his role as Billy. cutest boy ever. (next to my boyfriend. who comes here in 9 days!!!)
tea. i got a haircut at an aveda salon i found here and had aveda tea yesterday. magic.
Monday, April 6, 2009
ah, weight gain. i was laying on my back last night thinking about how my hip bones generally protrude fairly high above my stomach area. but, now they are just gentle bumps in the less severe topography of my midsection. :( oh well, i hear you lose it all when you leave...
I hiked through the Cinque Terra yesterday. so so beautiful. it could not have been a better day. ok, coloradans: take the lush greenery in the mesas, mix it with palm trees, vines, and about 20 shades of greenery, beautiful exotic vibrant wildflowers, cliffs, villages, and the sea. oh, throw in a beach and some ports here and there and that's about the recipe for the cinque terra. BELLA
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
in the past 3 weeks the following has occurred:
1. i traveled to Hamburg, Germany. Stayed with the most amazing German family. (found on couchsurfing.com) Discovered that Reeperbaun is the scariest place ever. (google it if you dare) Decided that being in
2. i created a new language: Gertalian. I tried to study for my Italian midterm but 3 years of German was flooding my brain.
3. my mom and sister made it to
4. i went to
5. We (mom, sister) flew to
6. i mastered the
7. my mom turned 50.
8. i fell head over heals for Santorini and am glad that i WILL go there for my honeymoon. :) The people are AMAZING! we rented a car and drove the whole island. It's where they filmed sisterhood of the traveling pants. Our car rental man worked on the movies! I am going to email him, George, and ask for pictures. (yes, i know this makes me sound about 14 years old.)
9. i love Greek food. people think hummus is greek, but it's not. pita, moussaka, taziki, baklava. so good.
10. I searched endlessly for donkeys to ride. :( (someone said it was too windy for them.)
11. i cried watching a sunset.
12. i took a walking tour of
13. i got frustrated traveling with my family.
14. i prayed for patience.
15. i witnessed the militia parade for
16. my sister turned 24!
17. my family left and i forgot all about previous frustration.
18. was confirmed that something died in the walls of my apartment.
19. i got sick and looked like death. I went to 4 museums in
20. i made tiramisu that was a disaster. (not any alcohol will do. aka: absinth.)
21. i missed
22. i ate all of the tiramisu in 3 days.
23. i decided that i really do love my professors here. especially photography. she is such a beautiful strong female; stands out from her culture quite a bit.
24. i walked by a theatre and cried. it felt like home.
25. i typed a three page itinerary for when Dustin comes here. We skyped. I counted the days: twenty-five left.
and so, tomorrow i am headed to